This year’s summit will focus on Snow Safety Communications
Keynote Welcome: Senator Lisa Murkowski, Governor Bill Walker (invited)
Keynote Address: Jeremy Zidek, State of Alaska Homeland Security, Public Information Officer (PIO) and David Snider, National Weather and Atmospheric Administration PIO.
State and Federal Agencies, Organizations, Guides, Operators, Snow Practitioners, General Public Representatives.
- Tracy Sinclair, KTUU Television
- Joe Vigil, KTVA Television
- John Woodbury, Alaska Coast Magazine
- Kellen Pierce, Alaska Integrated Media
- Connor McDonald, University of Alaska, Communications Research Student
- Brint Markle, Mountain Hub
What happens when a weather event occurs or there is an avalanche emergency incident that results in someone calling 911? What resources are available? How and when should information be disseminated to the public? Defining a unified message.