Early winter 2017-18. Daily forecasts will begin when conditions warrant in mid-November.
Until then, get your brain in gear for winter:
- change the batteries in your transceiver
- refresh your avalanche skills- November 18 Companion Rescue Practice, Valdez Civic Center 10am-2pm
- bookmark this forecast page
- get your riding buddies stoked to wax their skis, change their sled oil, and/or buy that floatpack they’ve been needing
- mark the date for the first of the season VAC social events – November 17 Boondocker Film Showing, Civic Center 7pm
Above 2,500ft None
1,800 to 2,500ft None
Below 1,800ft None
Degrees of Avalanche Danger ?
Recent Avalanche Activity
An observation of a size 2 slab release was reported over the weekend on the ramp of Meteorite.
Additional Info & Media
While there has been termination dust on the peaks since mid-August, October 6th was the first time it stuck. The snowline dropped down to Thompson Pass, with 3-4″ of the white stuff.
With more snow in the forecast for next weekend, rock skis aren’t too far out.