Do you ride in the backcountry?
This training will help you plan and prepare as a ready rider.
- have avalanche rescue gear and practice using it
- attend avalanche & backcountry riding safety classes
- know where to find & use avalanche & weather forecasts/observations/information
- recognize backcountry hazard including exposure to winter elements, poor visibility, glacier travel
- communicate, plan, and manage their riding groups
Classroom Session: 2 hours indoor, FREE
(participants are encouraged to become members of their local snowmachine clubs and avalanche center)
February 17 Glennallen PWSC 6-8pm contact 907.822.3673 ext.22 for more information
- further sessions in the works (if you have a venue/shop that wants to host, contact us)
Field Session: full day on-snow, $100
February 18 Thompson Pass 9am-5pm Register Here
Special thanks to AARP and Eagle River Polaris & Arctic Cat for sponsoring these events.