VAC BASECAMP – Look for the blue quonset tent in the ONE LOVE pullout southside of MP 29 (across from Tailgate and Alaska Snowboard Guides).
Plan your Thompson Pass adventures. Get your avalanche information, weather update, and map here. VAC staff will be around each morning 9-10am to answer questions you may have.
March 15 Opening day of Basecamp. Find Thompson Pass avalanche and weather forecasts posted on the whiteboard daily.
March 17-19 Sledders AIARE Avalanche Level 1
Mountain Skills Classes:
- March 17 3-5pm Avalanche Companion Rescue
- March 18 3-5pm Glacier Travel & Crevasse Rescue
- March 19 3-5pm Introduction to Thompson Pass Terrain
- March 20 3-5pm Planning & Preparing for Backcountry Travel
- March 21 3-5pm Recognizing Avalanche Terrain
- March 22 4-6pm Human Factor: Case Study
- March 23 4-6pm Backcountry Injuries with Dr.Cullen
- March 24 4-6pm Backcountry Teamwork
- March 25 4-6pm Avalanche Companion Rescue 2
- March 26 10am-4pm Backcountry & Avalanche Riding Safety Field Session